The Birds.

After creating a picture inspired by a portrait of Daphne du Maurier, I thought I'd follow it up with one inspired by a story of hers, one I was the most inspired by - The Birds.
I took this picture whilst on holiday in Cornwall (the setting for her story). I loved exploring the country lanes, the whole county is full of beauty; I took this particular photo on a country lane in Looe, just down the road from the cottage we were staying in.
I'm sad that I took hardly any pictures in Cornwall that aren't touristy images, I was so inspired but so lacking in motivation. I guess I'll just have to go back again soon :-)

The Birds.

"Black and white, jackdaw and gull, mingled in strange partnership, seeking some sort of liberation, never satisfied, never still. Flocks of starlings, rustling like silk, flew to fresh pasture, driven by the same necessity of movement, and the smaller birds, the finches and larks, scattered from tree to hedge as if compelled."

2 comments:

  1. Such a Beautiful Picture

    I would appreciate it if you take some time out & visit my blog.
    Claudia♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete