Well you must be a girl with shoes like that

As the clock struck midnight last night, I was awoken by Andrew bounding in to the bedroom shouting "pinch, punch, first of the month, no return" quite excitedly at me. Why you ask? Because this is an on-going competition in our house, with the current score standing at 4-2 to Andrew (and one draw from when we both completely forgot about it...). This time, however, I smuggly informed him that there was in fact still 1 day left of June and so he was mistaken - doesn't he know there are 31 days in June?!

So, as it goes I lost a day and therefore didn't get round to sharing my song from June with you. Oops!

Last month, as the sun started to make a more regular appearance (just pretend like the rain didn't happen) I started to listen to more of the songs that remind me of summer, and one album in particular that was almost permanently on my iPod was Costello Music by The Fratellis. And the song I probably had on repeat more than most was Chelsea Dagger. It reminds me of the summer after it came out and playing it loudly in my car, with the windows open and only myself for company. Idyllic!

No comments:

Post a Comment