Look outside at the raincoats coming, say OH

August has been a pretty miserable month, weather-wise, hasn't it? There's just been So.Much.Rain! So on my bus journeys to & from work each day I've been trying to remind myself that summer isn't quite over yet. And what better way to do that than to listen to music that makes me think of warmer days!

One band in particular that always makes me think of summer is Vampire Weekend. Their first album (also called Vampire Weekend) came out in 2008, the same year that Andrew & myself first became a couple and the first summer that I spent a lot of time in Exeter. On this visit he introduced me to Vampire Weekend and they fast became the soundtrack to that summer. Now every time I listen to them I'm reminded of sunbathing on Exmouth beach, drinking milkshakes from Shaker Maker & spending lazy mornings in the box room of Andrew's student house with the sun shining through the window. Ahhh those were the days...

No comments:

Post a Comment