Reasons to be Cheerful - August

 
  • Two 3 day weekends in a row
  • Brunch at The Breakfast Club & Bill's
  • Buying peonies at the Columbia Road Flower Market
  • Visiting Lucy Sparrow's The Cornershop art installation
  • Trying macarons from Ladurée for the first time and then Andrew buying me even more!
  • A big family gathering & my Great Aunt's 80th birthday party
  • Spending a weekend in Birmingham with Momma P for MODA
  • Finally visiting Kensington Palace
  • Having afternoon tea in The Orangery and at Bill's
  • Not 1, 2 or 3 visits to the cinema but 4!! (One was for free though...)
  • The awesome contents of this months Lucky Dip Club
  • Attempting yoga for the first time & really enjoying it!
  • A 2 hour walk to beautiful Richmond for a pub lunch
  • Treating ourselves to some rainbow cake from the Hummingbird Bakery
  • Exploring the walled garden at Fulham Palace and having a picnic
  • My baby brother visiting & bringing me lots of Yogurette from Germany
Read/Watched/Listened to/Saw/Visited:
  • Mrs Doubtfire, Bicentennial Man, Good Will Hunting, Jack and Aladdin - remembering Robin Williams in the best way.
  • Guardians of the Galaxy, The Inbetweeners 2 Movie, Boyhood - all great movies!
  • Lots of Modern Family - that sitcom will never get old. Phil Dunphy is my favourite.
  • The Great British Bake Off... obviously.
  • I finished reading State by State: A Panoramic Portrait of America by Matt Weiland & Sean Wilsey and started reading The Sound of Wings: the Life of Amelia Earhart by Mary S. Lovell - both very fascinating books.
To look forward to/to do in September:
  • Being a bridesmaid for the first time at my little sister's wedding
  • Spending time with my family and catching up with old friends
  • Visiting Stonehenge
  • Spending all my money on Tatty Devine's 15th birthday goodies
  • Preparing for a big exciting adventure*! To be announced soon... ;-)
  • Autumn. The thought of boots, jeans & jumpers makes me so happy!

Really not looking forward to in September:
  • Packing up the entirety of our flat...urgh
  • Moving. No one enjoys moving.
* And it is NOT that I'm pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment