My 2014

Boy am I thankful for my iPhone & it's camera roll! I fear without it I would forget the majority of what happens in a year. But here it is, my year in review, done a little bit differently to last year's post. And I must say, 2014 was a pretty excellent year!

January
We started to plan our wedding and I bought the artificial flowers for my bouquet from Lavenders of London. We went to see Mojo (which featured the likes of Ben Whishaw, Rupert Grint & Brendan Coyle) at The Harold Pinter Theatre, and I took over as Leader of my local Brownie group.

February
I took Andrew to see Childish Gambino at Shepherd's Bush Empire. Andrew officially proposed to me (a month before the wedding!), we spent a day at the V&A to celebrate and travelled home for more wedding prep. My mum organised an afternoon tea hen-do and it was lovely!
March
We went to see Angela Lansbury in Blithe Spirit at the Gielgud and travelled to Birmingham to make our wedding rings. I painted our cake toppers, made lots of bunting & finished the rest of our wedding prep. We celebrated our 6 year anniversary and, after only 3 months of organising it: GOT MARRIED!

April
I went solo to see McBusted at the O2, took part in the Tatty Devine Lucky Dip Box again and celebrated my 25th birthday! I took Andrew on the London Eye for the first time and we visited the London Sea Life Aquarium (also for the first time).
May
I went to the Tatty Devine Sample Sale and acquired even more goodies for my collection. We attended our first wedding that wasn't our own, went to a ceilidh with friends and donated blood for the second time. We also visited home for the third time this year to sadly say goodbye to Andrew's Grandpa.

June
My Brownie group celebrated 100 years of Brownies. Andrew & myself went to see Titus Andronicus at Shakespeare's Globe, and The Book of Mormon at the Prince of Wales Theatre (Andrew got lucky in the ticket lottery!).
July
We visited the Natural History Museum for the first time and had our first Michelin starred restaurant experience with a 6 course meal at the Pollen Street Social. I learnt to knit with Siobhan of Bless The Weather and went to my sister's spa day hen-do in Birmingham.

August
We had a big family reunion and celebrated my Great Aunt's 80th birthday. I treated myself to some Ladurée macarons, accompanied my mum to MODA at the NEC and visited Kensington Palace. We had our interview at the U.S Embassy in London & were granted our visas!
September
My little sister got married, I was a bridesmaid for the first time and we visited Stonehenge. I decorated a necklace at Tatty Devine's 15th Birthday pop up shop and we booked our one-way flight to NYC. We packed up our London flat and after 3 years living there, said a sad goodbye.

October
We visited home for the fourth and last time this year, then spent the month living in an Airbnb flat in Putney. A good friend got married in Inverness but sadly we had to miss it. I attended a Tatty Devine workshop and we visited the Grayson Perry: Who Are You? exhibition. I left my job.
November
We moved to NYC, spent our first month living in an incredible apartment in SoHo and re-visited some of our favourite spots. We went to the top of the Empire State Building for the first time and ate a lot of brunch. We saw the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and found a lovely apartment in Brooklyn.

December
We got to experience New York at Christmas, saw the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and moved in to our apartment. We purchased our first real Christmas tree, had Christmas dinner at the home of a very kind family in Long Island and saw in the New Year watching the fireworks in Prospect Park.

I'm excited to see what 2015 has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment