I tried to be like Grace Kelly, but all her looks were too sad

This month's song is yet another nostalgia-inducing one - and it's all thanks to Pitch Perfect 2, which as well as being full of great songs, is uber funny! The first song performed by the Treblemakers (Lollipop by Mika) was definitely one I wasn't expecting to hear in a Hollywood movie (just like the performance of Lily Allen's F**k You with sock puppets in the first film) and it got me thinking about the last time I really listened to a Mika song. I used to listen to his first album, Life in Cartoon Motion album all the time - it came out a few months before my 18th birthday and it basically lived in my car's CD player for the next 6 months. I've probably mentioned before, but driving around the Isle of Man on my own, in my little Andy (my Citroen AX Debut that was almost as old as me, and the greatest little car in the world), with music blaring was one of my favourite things to do! And trying to reach those Mika high notes was another! ;-)

P.S. I picked Mika's Grace Kelly, 'cause it was probably the one I played the most...


No comments:

Post a Comment