Reasons to be Cheerful - April 2015

  • My employment authorization finally arrived...
  • and I started my new job...
  • and I got my first pay check since October - hooray!
  • I then got my hair cut. 7" = gone!
  • The weather started to get warmer
  • My baby brother came to stay for a week...
  • and he brought me lots of goodies from home!
  • We discovered Cousin John's in Park Slope - our new favourite brunch spot...
  • and I tried French toast for the first time and really liked it!
  • My brother & I rode on Jane's Carousel & walked over Brooklyn Bridge
  • We strolled around the Brooklyn Flea in the glorious sunshine and ate shaved ice
  • All of the blossom and magnolias made NYC super lovely!
  • We sent in our postal vote for the UK General Election
  • My colleagues and I went on a work field trip to Little Italy for gelato
  • I was introduced to Prosperity Dumplings in Chinatown - mmmhmm!
  • I bought lots of pretty succulents for our apartment
  • Andrew made me a delicious double-layer lemon birthday cake smothered in frosting...
  • and I turned 26!
Read/Watched/Listened To/Saw/Visited:
  • I finished reading Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and started My Lucky Life In and Out of Show Business by Dick Van Dyke.
  • We finished watching House of Cards - oh me oh my I can not wait for season 4!
  • We took Ross to his 1st (and our 2nd) Broadway show - Hand to God at the Booth Theatre.
  • We re-watched Sherlock because Benedict Cumberbatch.
  • As well as Kinky Boots, HitchMary Poppins and American Beauty!
  • And I may have watched Dirty Dancing and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang a few times...
  • We went to our second preview evening at the Brooklyn Museum to see Basquiat: The Unknown Notebooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment