Beneath a Patch of Grass, her bones the old Dutch master hid

Earlier this month we went to see Joanna Newsom perform at the Kings Theatre in Brooklyn (which, side note: is an incredibly beautiful theatre) and Andrew has had her album on repeat ever since. This was our second time seeing her perform and both times she has left us in awe - she sure is one super talented lady! Whilst usually my monthly song pick is more to do with a song that I haven't been able to get out of my head, this month's is mostly about how much we've enjoyed the video to Sapokanikan - we love to copy her movements in it! Basically, my husband & I like to skip around our apartment, doing the occasional half turn with our hands in our pockets. We call it the "Joanna Newsom", for obvious reasons, and it's a lot of fun (we should probably get out more...).

Oh, and also - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!



You can see all my other monthly music posts from 2014 & 2015 here!

No comments:

Post a Comment