Reasons to be Cheerful: March & April 2016

So April ended up being a complete disaster for writing a single blog post. And one post I never even made an attempt on was my monthly round up, so here is March & April combined - for my own storing of memories more than anything!
March
  • The birth of my niece, Evelyn 
  • Going to the Doughnut Project and drinking crazy milkshakes at Black Tap
  • Spending a day at the Bushwick Collective and having Roberta's pizza for brunch
  • Having my picture taken by celebrity photographer Mark Mann at a Leica event
  • Going to the UN Commission on the Status of Women at the United Nations HQ
  • Seeing all of the blossoms - Spring is my favourite season!
  • Spending a weekend in DC for our 8yrs together/2nd wedding anniversary
  • Seeing the President Francis J. Underwood portrait at the National Portrait Gallery
  • Going to see ASSSSCAT 3000 for the second time
  • Visiting the Art on Paper art fair and seeing work by Grayson Perry there
April
  • Moving in to our new office at WeWork SoHo South & celebrating my 1 year ONAversary
  • Going to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden to see all the blossoms & blooms
  • Meeting Mr Bentley Coupe & having him chill on my desk all day
  • Being back in London & the Isle of Man for some much needed family time
  • Spending an afternoon in the Sky Garden with it's awesome views of London
  • Being reunited with my Poppy dog (and family, obviously)
  • Getting lots of fresh sea air in my lungs & birthday cakes in my belly
  • Meeting my niece, Evelyn - she's a little cutie!
  • And witnessing my dad meet his first grandchild for the first time
  • Finally going for afternoon tea at Sketch - that place is incredible!
  • Attending the Tatty Devine sample sale and exploring Shoreditch's street art
  • Turning 27! Eek
Read/Watched/Listened To/Saw:
  • I watched a grand total of 6 movies on my two international flights, because, sleep is for suckers! - Joy, How To Be Single, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, The Lady In The Van, Mistress America and Suffragette.
  • At some point over these two months we also watched: The Night Before, The Man from U.N.C.L.E, Neighbors, Clueless (I finally got Andrew to watch this & he didn't hate it), Deadpool, The Night Manager & more The Office.
  • In March I finished reading Mary Roach's Spook: Science Tackles The Afterlife and read Suffragette: My Own Story by Emmeline Pankhurst. I then started Theodore Rex by Edmund Morris and have still not finished it after not reading a single page on my vacation...oops!
  • I also caught up on all my favourite podcasts: This American Life, Radiolab, The Moth and Anna Faris is Unqualified (my little guilty pleasure one...).
  • In April we went to see Blackbird at the Belasco Theatre and it was incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment